National Poetry Month Contest
National Poetry Month Contest 2015
April is National Poetry Month, and to celebrate, we're having a Poetry Contest! Submit an original poem by Friday, April 24 at 4 p.m. There will be 2 categories: Adults (Ages 19+) and Teens (Ages 13-18). Each winner will receive a gift card, have their poem featured on the library website, and a framed copy will be on display at the library. Judging will take place between April 24 and April 30. The winner will be announced Friday, May 1 at 5 p.m at our First Friday event. Good luck and have fun!
Rules & Regulations:
1. Poems may be submitted via email or in person, digitally stored on a flash drive or CD. All submissions must be accompanied by the release form (2015 Release Form) which must be signed and submitted in person. Email poems to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Poems must be the original, previously unpublished work of the submitter.
3. Length of poem cannot exceed 40 lines.
4. There is a limit of 2 poems per entrant, up to 40 lines each. Please use a separate form for each entry.
5. Poems must be suitable for a general audience, e.g. no profanity, vulgarity, etc.
6. The contest is open to Cortland Free Library cardholders, 13 years of age and older. This includes Homer, McGraw, Marathon, and Cincinnatus library cardholders.
7. Deadline for entries is April 24 at 4 p.m.
8. By submitting a poem, you agree to let Cortland Free Library reproduce your poem in digital (website) and print form. The copyright is retained by the author.
9. The winner will be chosen by a panel of local judges.
10. Names will be removed from each submission to ensure impartiality.
11. The staff of Cortland Free Library and contest judges are not eligible for entry.
2014 Winner: Treasures by Doris Still