General Information about COVID-19
General COVID-19 Resources
- Cortland County Health Department
- From New York State Health Department
- From the Center for Disease Control
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases Map
COVID-19 Scam Alert!
Be aware that criminals are attempting to exploit COVID-19 worldwide through a variety of scams.
There have been reports of:
- Individuals and businesses selling fake cures for COVID-19 online and engaging in other forms of fraud.
- Phishing emails from entities posing as the World Health Organization or the Centers for Disease Control and :Prevention.
- Malicious websites and apps that appear to share virus-related information to gain and lock access to your devices until ;payment is received.
- Seeking donations fraudulently for illegitimate or non-existent charitable organizations.
Visit https://www.justice.gov/coronavirus to learn more as well as to report instances of fraud.
COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
- Office of Mental Health Covid-19 Resources
- OMH Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314
- OMH Guidance for Managing Stress During the Covid-19 Outbreak
COVID-19 (and anytime) Recovery Resources
- Virtual Recovery Resources for Substance Use and Mental Illness. Includes links to online meetings and recovery support resources offered by various mutual help groups and other organizations, as well as information on setting up a virtual meeting.
- Addiction Policy Forum and CHESS Health Connections App. Free research-based smartphone app to help people with recovery from substance use.
- Resources for Parents, Families, and Caregivers. Provides mobile (phone and text-based) education and support for family members struggling with a loved one's addiction as well as links to other virtual resources.
- Faces & Voices of Recovery is dedicated to organizing and mobilizing the over 23 million Americans in recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs, their families, friends and allies into recovery community organizations and networks.
- Shatterproof is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to reversing the addiction crisis in the United States.
- How to Find a Virtual Recovery Meeting
- City of Cortland
- Cortland County
- Town of Cortlandville
- Cortland County Board of Elections
- Cortland County Chamber of Commerce
- Cortland County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Cortland Downtown Revitalization Initiative
- The Cultural Council of Cortland County
- City of Cortland Youth Bureau
- Cortland County Youth Bureau
- Cortland YMCA
- YWCA of Cortland
- CNY Works
- Career Builder
- Careers Internet Database – Career reports, career tests, resume creator and more! Click on "Members click here" and enter the username: 904w and password: future
- Cortland County Personnel and Civil Service Department
- Cortland Standard Help Wanted
- Cortland Works – Your one-stop career center for Cortland, NY.
- Employment Connection – Employment Services offered by the J.M. Murray Center in Cortland, NY.
- FLLS Job Seekers’ Guide
- FLLS Job Seeking Tools
- Glassdoor – Get an inside look at company salary information, reviews, interview questions and for thousands of companies.
- Ithaca Cortland Help Wanted
- JOBS Plus
- Onondaga County Personnel Department
- Simply Hired
- Post Standard Help Wanted
- Tompkins County Personnel
- FREE Ancestry New York (Directions to Creating Account)
- Delaware County, NY Genealogy & History Site
- Family Tree Magazine 101 Best Genealogy Websites 2012
- Family Search
- Fulton History (local newspapers)
- Heritage Quest (FLLS Database)
- Library of Congress Digital Collection
- MyHeritage Super Search
- New York Heritage
- New York State Historic Newspapers
- Search IQS (public records for Cortland County)
- US Gen Web Project
Cortland County Libraries
- Kellogg Free Library (Cincinnatus)
- Lamont Memorial Free Library (McGraw)
- Peck Memorial Library (Marathon)
- Philips Free Library (Homer)
Other Libraries, Library Associations, Etc.
- American Library Association
- Cornell University Library
- Finger Lakes Library System
- Library of Congress
- Memorial Library at SUNY Cortland
- New York Library Association
- New York State Talking Book & Braille Library
- Tompkins County Public Library
- World Cat
- Central New York Genealogical Society
- Cortland County Historian
- Cortland County Historical Society
- Glen Haven Historical Society
- McGraw Historical Society
- Onondaga Historical Association
- Tompkins County History Center
- The Cortland Standard
- The Ithaca Journal
- The Post Standard
- Spectrum News
- Oldies 101.5 Local News
- Cortland Voice
- Catholic Charities of Cortland County
- Cortland County Dept. of Social Services
- Family Counseling Services of Cortland County
- Government Information
- NY Law Help
- New York State Benefits
- New York State Dept. of Environmental Conservation
- New York State Dept. of Labor Unemployment Insurance
- Seven Valleys Health Coalition
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Way 2 Go Cortland (Transportation)
- IRS Forms & Publications
- New York State Forms & Instructions
- Get Free Tax Prep Help
- Cortland VITA Free Tax Preparation