Loan Periods and Limits
You may have up to 30 items checked out on your library card at a time.
|Material Type||Loan Period||Limits||Age Restriction|
|Audio Books||3 weeks||4||—|
|DVD and Blu-Ray||1 week||4||18 +|
|Video Games||1 week||4||—|
Fines and Replacement Costs
Great News! Cortland Free Library has eliminated overdue fines!
-You will still incur fines if items are damaged or lost (see replacement costs below).
-If you borrow items owned by another library, e.g., through inter-library loan, you will still be responsible for any fines that may still be in effect at that library.
All items should be returned on or before their due date.
Replacement Costs: The cost to replace a lost or damaged item will be the price of item (or a minimum of $20) plus a $5.00 processing fee. A personal copy cannot substitute for a lost item. Refunds cannot be granted for items returned after payment has been made. After 6 months the library will not accept returned items.
The library accepts payment by cash and check. Payment may be made by credit card through the library catalog. Click here to log into your library account and pay by credit card.
Library materials that have not been requested by another library patron and have not exceeded the maximum number of renewals may be renewed:
- Online via your patron account, click here.
- By telephone at 607-753-1042.
Please do not email the library about renewing an item.
Using the library’s online catalog, or with the assistance of a library staff person in-house, you may request up to 10 items at a time from another Finger Lakes Library. Once you receive notification that your items are available, you have 7 days to pick them up.
To place a hold using the library’s online catalog:
- Conduct a search and identify the item you wish to request.
- Click on the Place Hold Request button to the right of the title information.
- Enter your Barcode Number and Password in the corresponding fields. (Your password will be the last 4 digits of your phone number.)
- Click on the drop down menu next to Pickup Library and select the library where you will pick up the item.
- Click on Submit Request
- Verify your contact information